Website

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

 

The Informed Voter is the Sword of Democracy. Grand words, if they were true, but the reality is most voters are nothing more than the bludgeon of the tyranny of the majority. We are not informed; we are indoctrinated. And before you say “Not me,” just sit down and actually listen to what our elected representatives say. Can you imagine behaving like that in your own workplace?

“Mr. Murphy, could you update us on your project’s progress?”

“I’ve already answered that.”

“I see. Well maybe you could give us a recap?”

“I’m still cleaning up the mess the last guy left.”

“Even after seven years?”

“Action plan, action plan, action plan.”

“What exactly does that mean?”

“The media is out to get me.”

“What?”

“The Liberals are just going along with the status quo.”

“What does that have to do with anything? Are you on crack?”

“Fiscal responsibility.”

“What has that got to do with the question?”

“Ask me properly.”

“What?”

“Action plan, gravy train, jobs and prosperity for all.”